Pay on your Session, Prints and Products or Wedding here:

Sign up for the Newsletter!



News...

booking 2013 + 2014 weddings and 2013 sessions now!

email for dates jamie@lifeasaphoto.com




Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sarah and her babies

A few weeks ago, I asked for you guys to submit someone that you knew that had not had professional photos taken before or it had been a while. Someone hardworking, someone that they thought needed this, maybe to lift their spirits or simply provide everlasting memories for years to come. I was overwhelmed with great submissions, so many wonderful stories and people.
 
Anna sent me an email about her friend Sarah.
"Sarah would be a good candidate for the free mini session. She is 25, she has a 5 year old & had a baby in December. After she had the baby in December she found out she had cervical cancer..."
 
After this I HAD to do her pictures.  Cancer now holds more meaning to me than ever before since we lost my grandpa last May. I emailed Sarah to get it set up and she gave me some more info on her story.

Sarah: "I found out that I had cervical cancer December 28th.. 2 days after I had Brenner. Had surgery January 31st to remove the cancer. After my radical hysterectomy I had kidney problems and had to have a stent put in. Now I'm doing 5 1/2 weeks of radiation with chemo every Monday."

Sarah started treatments last week. She drives every day Monday-Friday from West Plains, Mo to Springfield to radiation and has chemo on Mondays. This is for 5 1/2 weeks.

Her strength is amazing and she smiled the entire time I was with them. Her boys are beautiful, full of life, great kids. It was an honor to capture this time in their lives that they will always remember as a family.

Sarah: "Thank you so much for doing our pictures! I can't wait to see them!! I saw the one you posted and it made me cry! You're amazing!!!"
 
THIS is what drives me every single day.
 
IMG_0227-2 copy IMG_0479-1 copy IMG_0467-1 copy IMG_0448-2 copy IMG_0355-1 copy IMG_0270-1 copy IMG_0244-1 copy IMG_0344-1 copy IMG_0316-1 copy IMG_0169-1 copy IMG_0113-1 copy 5b 4b 3b 2b 1b

Thanks so much Sarah for coming and letting me meet you and your sweet boys.

4 comments:

Shane and Laine said...

So precious!! TEARS!!

Unknown said...

my daughters beautiful
family!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures of your family Sarah. Even though I know your story, this brought tears to my eyes. You are such a strong person and wonderful mom. Love ya.
Liz Kuk

Jennifer Collins said...

wow Sarah great pics, You look more beatiful every day. Stay strong and always remember to smile. Your friends are here to lean on any time. How great this was for you. You deserved it more than anyone I know:)

WeddingWire

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Blog Archive