Pay on your Session, Prints and Products or Wedding here:

Sign up for the Newsletter!



News...

booking 2013 + 2014 weddings and 2013 sessions now!

email for dates jamie@lifeasaphoto.com




Wednesday, March 3, 2010

○ Random Wednesday ○

1) I love all things green: Green is such a great color. Bright and full of happiness.
Look! there is green stuff in my yard!!

IMG_4072b

IMG_4075b

2) green continued....
I love candles. Don't all girls? Espec. Woodwick!!
And this new fragrance... SPRING! and it's GREEN!
If you are in need of a great spring, fresh candle... go pick one up @ Homestead and
tell them I sent you ;)

IMG_4084b

IMG_4085b

3) Also wanted to share that 2 of the best stores in MH (the cottage and rusticities)
are combining stores again and having a HUGE sale! Not sure how long it is going on
but I could sure use a couple extra thousand dollars about now...

4) Yesterday I had lunch with a great friend, LeaAnn! I love lunch dates.
Food + Great Company = THE BEST!
I will be thinking of you L while you prepare for baby #2 :)

5) ALL sessions from now on will be @ the NEW STUDIO. Some already know
where but for those that don't (and if you know me, it totally makes sense).
613 E 9th St. aka Beside Tropical Rayz! I am not open, open yet but enough
so to have upcoming sessions there. Open House coming in late April.

6) Our Kitty Moby...
This cracks me up. I click the shutter and he shakes his head. bahahaha

IMG_4078b

and then he was still.

IMG_4082-1

7) My BF from HS is going to be in town tomorrow and I am going to steal her
baby for some photos :) hehe
and then I have a super fun family session that I am pretty stoked about!

SUN!!! i love you... please stay.

8) I am going to post this email newsletter send out yesterday for anyone that didn't
get it.

march newsletter

9) IDOL TALK:
if you don't like idol... scroll down :)

Who is your favs??? Here aremy top 2 for now...

Lee:
landing_avatar_210x158 6

Crystal:
landing_avatar_210x158 3

Others that I really like:
Tim Urban
Alex Lambert
Casey James
Andrew Garcia
Lacey Brown
Lilly Scott
Michael Lynch

10) Photography Questions and Answers:
This weeks question: from Trina


Q:
i see that your taking questions on your blog..so heres one for ya..(might have to shorten it up a bit) how do you get rid of the terrible overcast shadows caused by the flash on your camera if theres not enough light to set your camera with the flash off? does a speedlight flash unit help at all? heres a photo to tell you what i mean .. ive even tried setting it on a setting that i can lower my flash compensation on..help!thanks
NOTE: i am not posting her photo due to client privacy.

A:
I never ever ever use my on camera flash. I have a speedlight that I only use @ Weddings ect.
and studio lighting for indoor sessions BUT whenever possible, I use natural light. Of coarse this
isn't always an option so I would suggest you investing in a speedlight. You can get one off of Amazon or Ebay for a couple hundred dollars. You will be amazed at how much of a difference it will make.

That's it my rockstar blog readers ;)
Have a great rest of the week and get ready for 60 degree + weather! woot woot!!

3 comments:

lara said...

IM EXCITED!!!!

Adrian said...

OMG! LOVE The Cottage. Totally wish we still lived there and I could deck our house out in their antiques! :D

Oh, and I Super DUPER love LeaAnn! :)

Can't wait to see your new studio! HOW EXCITING!!

Anonymous said...

any advise for any one whos wanting to start photography

WeddingWire

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Blog Archive