Pay on your Session, Prints and Products or Wedding here:

Sign up for the Newsletter!



News...

booking 2013 + 2014 weddings and 2013 sessions now!

email for dates jamie@lifeasaphoto.com




Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random Wednesday

1) We are going to start out with some Techno ?'s:

Both of this weeks questions are from Karla.

1. When you edit a photo shoot, do you edit every single picture, or just the ones that you know they will like? Also, are you selective about which pictures you put on their CD or do you just throw them all on there?

A: I pick out my fav's and process those. There are so many and a lot are the same so I choose
the best. When the session is finished, all of my final images are shown to the client. If they
choose to purchase the Digital Files, all of the final images are included.

2. I love the mega vibrant colors in some pictures that I see. (like on drewbphotography.com) I know that you can edit pictures and saturate the colors to bring out that bright look, but I highly doubt that she does that on every one of her pictures. Does she have a filter or something to make them look like that?

Oh she does :) Drew has her own style that is Crisp and Clear, Bright and Fun!
BUT I can't speak for Drew, but I can tell you what I do.
It helps to get the exposure as close as you can while you are taking the photo and then just use post processing to enhance that. The only filters that I use (and I think this is the same for her)
is a UV Filter which just mainly protects the glass.

Hope this answers your questions Karla.

If you have any questions, email them to me @ jamie@lifeasaphoto.com and I will answer
a couple each week and add them to Random Wednesday's.

2) Spirographing:

This was Laykin's Valentine gift. We all 3 have been obsessed with it since Sunday.
Mainly Kevin and Laykin, they will sit for hours!!! It's great fun and things like this
should come back around, it gives kids something creative to do, it's fun and gets
them away from games and tv's.

IMG_3392-1b

IMG_3393b

3) I am DONE with winter:

IMG_3379b

IMG_3375b

4) I love the Olympics! Love them! All of it, the skiing, skating, luge, ect...
I just like to have it one, all the time :) It makes me feel good!

5) AI: I think that this season of American Idol is going to be GREAT!
I have SO many favorites but here are a couple that I love...

Crystal Bowersox
Casey James
Michael Lynche

6) I LOVE this SUNSHINE today!

7) Kris Allen's CD is really great! I really like it!

8) Does anyone have big Spring Break plans yet? I would love to do something, but close.
Any ideas?

9) I am ready to plant flowers, smell leaves burning, hear birds chirping, see GREEN things,
wear tank tops and flip flops, open windows, have BBQ's, backyard parties, nature days,
Weddings!!!, outdoor sessions, I am even ready to have allergies! that is how ready for spring
I am :)

10) and with that, I leave you on this fine Wednesday.... Sunny and almost 50 degrees!

3 comments:

About Karla Thompson Photography said...

Thank you so much! You are awesome! :)

Anne-Camille Collins said...

I agree... WINTER HAS BEEN A DRAG!

I too CANNOT wait for Summer! :)

Great RW post...

ksallee said...

St. Louis is always fun for spring break :)

WeddingWire

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Blog Archive