Pay on your Session, Prints and Products or Wedding here:

Sign up for the Newsletter!



News...

booking 2013 + 2014 weddings and 2013 sessions now!

email for dates jamie@lifeasaphoto.com




Monday, May 25, 2009

.Life.Lessons.Memories.Importance.

This past week my great grandpa died. He would have been 92 years
old on Saturday the 30th. Instead of his planned birthday party
this year, that's always Memorial Day Weekend...
we buried him. He lived a long, healthy life and we know he was
ready to go. I am so glad that laykin got to meet her GREAT GREAT
Grandfather and that she is old enough to have memories of him
that will last her entire lifetime. That's a whole nother post in
itself... how to tell your child that someone died and is never
coming back... this was her first death experiance.
So anyway... this weekend of sadness has also been a weekend
of remembrance and realization of the importance of life, family
and just to slow down and be a part of life rather than just
watching it fly by.

Now on with the post...

this first picture is great! i really love it.
my mom, laykin and i went out to "pa smith's" thursday afternoon
because laykin wanted to pick something out that she could have
to forever remind her of her great great grandpa. we stopped
by to get my grandma first before heading down the now paved
road that leads to the little blue house on the curve, pa smith's
house. this letter was on the door of my grandma's house when we
got there to pick her up.

IMG_0218-1blog

i just love it... it's like a big slap in the face to slow down,
enjoy life and pay attention to the simple things...
my grandparents are nearing their 70's and are out halling hay.

laykin gets out of the car, runs over to the fence, climbs over it
and runs over to meet her granny. this reminds me of myself when i
would go to my grandma and grandpa treat's house (aka granny)
not a care in the world.

IMG_0219-1blog

IMG_0223blog

four leaf clovers... ahhhh... they used to wait they still do... consume
me! I love them... i could and still can sit and sift through them for
hours....

IMG_0229-1blog

again... i swear i am watching myself grow up... before my eyes :)

IMG_0235blog

the service was great, perfect... as perfect as a funeral can be
that is. it was so him... graveside, many family and friends, live music
by long time friends, great laughs and stories. the navy also reconized
him as a world war 2 vet. everyone then gathered to remember old times.

here is a picture that i found of him from thanksgiving.

IMG_0013-2blog

i hope everyone has had a great memorial day weekend.
i am enjoying a day in. my idea of the perfect day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie my sympathy to your family for the loss of your grandpa. Sounds like he lived a good long life. What a blessing. Brought tears to my eyes to read your post.

god bless....Pam..Jill's momma

Anita said...

Jamie, my deepest sympathies to you and all of your family. I, too, was so blessed to have had two sets of Great-Grandparents! How blessed, I could've possibly have known, at that time.
My heartfelt sympathies to you. I understand. Time marches on, whether we 'hear' the drum or not.....Cherish every single breath.
May God hold you and yours so very close, now and always....
Anita (Amanda's mom)

Anonymous said...

She definately is you made over, and the things she does, you did. Good picture of papa and great points made.
love ya
mommakay

Charin Adams said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Jamie.
It definitely shows how much you loved him...definitely a blessing to have him in your little girls life!

jamie said...

thanks everyone for your thoughts and sweet words... love you all!

WeddingWire

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Blog Archive